Founding Member Since 1988
David was born in Toronto in 1936, (the same year his next door neighbor, Walter Alward, an architect, dedicated a monument he took 10 years to design and build. It is known as the Vimy Memorial). No surprise, David graduated as an architect from U of Toronto with honours, in 1961. Following a York U Masters degree in Ecology in 1976 he moved to Saskatchewan two years later to work for the Department of Northern Saskatchewan. Again, no surprise, living and working in northern Ontario and Quebec since high school, bonded his understanding of the people and landscapes of the land. Hence his desire to draw and paint over 1,600 works, half done in Northern Sask. The rest of his oeuvre includes people, buildings and places in Africa, Middle East and Asia as an 8 year volunteer architect from 1967-75. In 1983 he was hired by Saskatchewan Health to manage provincial health facility buildings’ construction until retirement in 2001. Meantime, he continued to paint and complete another degree for Bachelor of Fine art, with distinction from U of R. His creations include drawing and painting in oil, watercolor, acrylic on paper and mylar, photography, sculpture, ceramics, stained glass, print making, model making, film, writing, poetry, architecture and archeology. His last visit to Egypt, hired to draw “finds” at Tel Ur Rub’a site in 2015, a show of 20 new paintings were exhibited in Toronto. David is published in numerous journals and art magazines. He has taught and displayed his art in P.A, Regina Gallery on the Roof, Rosemont /AGR, Wascana, McKenzie, Toronto, BC, USA, Africa and Italy. He has volunteered on many boards, the last being the College of Psychology for 6 years. His paintings and studios are on three levels in his home in south Regina.